George Foreman Grills FAQ: Fast Answers Right Here For You.
The questions and answers below are related to George Foreman Grills in general and not to any individual grill
Whether you are the proud owner of a George Foreman Grill or you are contemplating buying one, you will no doubt have many questions, such as:
How to clean your grill, What food to cook, How to store it, and many more.
Click on the table of contents below for fast answers your grill and grilling questions.
Table of Contents
- Can The Grill Plates Go In The Dishwasher?
- How Do You Clean A George Foreman Grill With Non-Removable Plates?
- Should You Clean A BBQ Grill After Every Use?
- What Do I Do If The Teflon Surface On My George Foreman Grill Is Flaking off?
- How Do You Keep Food From Sticking To The Grill?
- Can I Store My Indoor/Outdoor Grill Outdoors?
- Can I Use An Extension Cord With My George Foreman Grill?
- What Are The Basic Tools I Need For Grilling Food?
- Can You Use Metal Utensils On A George Foreman Non-Stick Grill?
- What Is The Best Way To Clean Grilling Utensils?
- Is It Necessary To Preheat A George Foreman Grill?
- Does The George Foreman Grill Switch Off By Itself?
- Can I Use Aluminium Foil On My George Foreman Grill?
- Is It Safe To Cook Meat In Aluminium Foil?
- What Is The Correct Way To Place Food In Aluminium Foil, Shiny Side Up Or Dull Side Up?
- What Is The Best Oil To Use For Grilling?
- Can You Cook Fish On George Foreman Grills?
- How Do You Keep Fish From Sticking To The Grill?
- Can You Grill Vegetables On George Foreman Grills?
- Can You Cook Frozen Meat On George Foreman Grills?
Yes, all removable grill plates including the drip-tray can go in the dishwasher. So easy and convenient.
When you’ve finished cooking, unplug the grill. Place a few layers of damp paper towels on the plates and close the lid. Leave for about 15 minutes, then wipe with clean paper towels or a soft brush.
It is highly recommended to clean all plates and any parts of the grill you’ve used to cook food on, after every use.
Warning: Never use harsh chemicals or abrasive pads to clean non-stick plates, as this will scratch the coating and ruin it.
We use a special nylon brush just for that purpose with a lifetime warranty.
Do not soak your entire grill in a sink full of water. This will most certainly damage the heating elements of your grill.
The George Foreman grill plates are coated with a non-stick surface to prevent food from sticking. With wear and tear this coating may start to flake, the best and safest way to remedy this is to replace the plates with new ones.
- Make sure your grill is clean before you use it.
- The grill must be hot before you add food to it.
- Brushing the grill grate lightly with cooking oil will help prevent food from sticking,
If storing your grill outside, make sure it’s protected from the elements with a waterproof grill cover or taupe.
Yes, you can use an outdoor extension cord with your grill, make sure the cord has the suffix “W” and has a tag saying:
“SUITABLE FOR USE WITH OUTDOOR APPLIANCES.”
Check that the extension cord has at least the same electrical rating as the grill. (For example, 1200 watts.)
Never use metal utensils on your non-stick cooking plates as they will scratch the surface and may ruin the plates.
Use wood, silicone or heat-proof non-stick utensils.
Grilling tools made from silicone, plastic or wood they can be placed in the dishwasher or washed with warm soapy water in the sink.
Do this as soon as possible after use or soak them in warm soapy water until you’re ready to wash them this will avoid grease hardening on them making them easier to clean.
Store the tools away in a cupboard or covered with a cloth when not in use to protect them from dust and moisture.
For best results heat your grill for 5 to 6 minutes before cooking your food.
Choose boneless meats for best results.
Yes, the grill will turn off automatically if it becomes too hot.
This is a safety measure that helps to avoid any mishaps if you leave the grill on accidentally.
Although the grilling plates on the George Foreman Grills are non-stick and easy to clean you may want to protect them even further.
Placing aluminium foil on the grilling plates before you commence cooking is an excellent way to keep your grill clean.
You can also use special grilling mats that are non-stick, reusable and easy to clean in warm soapy water.
Research from PubMed suggests the dangers of cooking food with aluminium foil can result in leaching from the foil and cause contamination when heated to very high temperatures.
You will find further information by clicking the research link below.
PUBMED research for aluminium.
The shiny side of aluminium foil reflects heat, so if you place food with the shiny side facing the food the heat is reflected onto the food, but that’s only a theory.
It doesn’t really matter which side you use as the difference is minimal. However, if you’re using the non-stick foil then you should place the food on the coated side (dull side).
Chefs recommend high heat oil for grilling such as; rapeseed oil, canola oil, or vegetable oil.
You can cook a variety of fish on the George Foreman Grill including cod, salmon, catfish and more, all perfectly easy and taste sumptuous.
Brush the fish with a high heat oil such as canola oil or rapeseed oil. Then wipe the grill, lay your fish on the plates and grill at very high temperature.
Vegetables are delicious when grilled, simply place them on the preheated grill, cook both sides for approx. 6 minutes each side, or until tender but not soggy.
I found this great recipe for you on how to grill vegetables to perfection. (This is our favorite grilled veggie recipe.) You’ll love it.
Yes, you can cook frozen meat on a George Foreman Grill, just remember to allow extra time because it is frozen. Read the instructions and make sure that that particular piece can be cooked from frozen.
I hope you found the questions and answers you were looking for and they have helped you solve a problem you may have had concerning George Foreman Grills or grilling.
If there are any other questions that you feel should be added to this list or you have suggestions on how I can make things better, then do not hesitate to contact me I would love to hear from you and you will be helping others too.